1 medium cauliflower
1 tablespoon gram flour
1 cup fresh curds
2 medium tomatoes
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
3 teaspoons coriander powder
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon red chili powder
2 small green chilies
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 teaspoons cooking oil
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
Prep For Marination
1. Dry roast gram flour in a frying pan.
2. Make thick puree out of tomato.
3. Cut the cauliflower into 4 equal pieces (you can take whole cauliflower as well.)
4. Prick the cauliflower from all sides with a fork.
1. Take roasted gram flour in a bowl and add curd, tomato puree, turmeric powder, coriander
powder, garam masala, red chili powder, and salt. Mix/whisk to get an even consistency.
2. Add cauliflower to this mixture making sure to cover all pieces.
3. Set aside for 2 hours and keep tossing every 15 minutes.
Directions For Cooking
1. Keep a pressure cooker on full flame.
2. Pour oil.
3. Take out the pieces of cauliflower from the marinade and when the oil is hot, pour the extra
marination mixture into the cooker.
4. Cook on medium flame for a few minutes.
5. Add marinated cauliflower to this, stir, and close the lid of the cooker.
6. Let it cook under pressure for 2 whistles.
7. Take a frying pan and put it on full flame.
8. When the pan is hot pour the cooked cauliflower along with marinated mixture into the pan and
let it cook for a few minutes on medium flame to achieve a thick gravy consistency.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with chapatis, parathas, puri, or the bread of your choice.
Points to remember
1. Do not cook in the pan for too long or the cauliflower will lose its moisture.
2. Keep tossing the marinate on top of cauliflower every 15 minutes to ensure good
3. Adjust the flame to keep consistent heat.
Want to get updated as we add exciting news to our blog?
Sign up for our mailing list by clicking on the orange button below to receive more information about all the wonderful things that GetSetUp and our community are doing.