Today, we’re proud to formally announce our 2021 Speaker Series, which brings together luminaries, experts and our GetSetUp learners to share their ideas, talents and experience with each other. Learners will have an opportunity to engage in conversation with A-listers—here’s just a sampling:
- Pete Souza, former Chief Official White House Photographer, who will discuss his career and talk with learners about photography.
- Harry Moseley, Global Chief Information Officer at Zoom, who will join us from New York City this month to talk about the growth of Zoom and coming out of retirement to help build the Zoom platform, which was so critical to people’s lives in 2020.
- Victor Cho, CEO of Evite, the world’s leading platform for bringing people together to celebrate life’s important moments. Victor has 23 years of experience developing and leading internet and software businesses.
- Marci Alboher, author and thought leader, will talk about her experience starting Encore.org, a nonprofit dedicated to bringing generations together to solve society’s greatest problems, from literacy to loneliness. She’ll also share her thoughts on how anyone could launch a similarly impactful effort. Marci is the author of “The Encore Career Handbook: How to Make a Living and a Difference in the Second Half of Life.” She has been a columnist for The New York Times, a journalism teacher and a practicing attorney.
- Eric Rice, Head of Impact Investing at BlackRock (the world’s largest asset manager), will tell us about his entrepreneurial journey at age 60 and explain the world of impact investing.
- Ray Boshara, Senior Advisor at the Institute for Economic Equity—Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis will speak about wealth, inequality, and retirement. Ray has advised multiple presidential administrations and led the campaign to enact the Assets for Independence Act.
- Atalaya Sergi, Director with AmeriCorps Seniors, will talk about the benefits of volunteerism for older adults and tell us about some of the programs she leads, like Foster Grandparents and Senior Companions.
- Bill Brees, Educator from the Alzheimer's Association of Northern California, will speak on the impact of Alzheimer's and how it differs from dementia. Plus he will cover Alzheimer's disease stages and risk factors based on current research and treatments
- Jeri Sedlar, author of Don’t Retire Rewire and researcher, will help show learners how to discover their drivers and understand where and how to use drivers to get greater fulfillment in life.
Our growing speaker list reflects our commitment to enabling older adults to continue learning, contributing to their communities, and connecting with those who have shared interests. We will bring you inspiring leaders who focus on economic opportunities and career pivots, ways to stay mentally and physically fit and more.
We’re excited to bring you opportunities that empower members to learn from and interact directly with guest speakers, ask questions as guests tell learners about their own backstories and offer their wisdom and expertise. The sessions provide learning, entertainment and community, and they’re a great way to connect with people you might not otherwise meet.Sign Up for A Guest Speaking Event
If you’re interested in becoming a speaker, or would like to nominate someone to speak, it’s easy to apply and we look forward to connecting with you to discuss the options!Become A Guest Speaker