2 cups of basmati rice (fragrant rice)
1 cup of split lentil
1 onion, sliced
1 small piece of ginger
2 green chilies
2 bay leaves
Garam masala powder to taste
Salt to taste
Red chili powder to taste
Turmeric to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Wash and soak split lentil for half an hour and save this water for later.
2. Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
3. Add three tablespoons of ghee to a cooker.
4. When the ghee is warm, add bay leaf and clove to it
5. Then add sliced onions, ginger, and green chilies.
6. When the onions become pink, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and sauté until soft and fragrant.
7. Pour in the soaked split lentil along with some of the water used for soaking it.
8. When the split lentils are tender, add the soaked rice.
9. Mix and pour in water until there is a 1:2 ratio of rice.
10. Pressure cook till one whistle.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.