1 Year of Bridging the Digital Divide and Combatting Social Isolation in New York
- How to combat social isolation in older adults by creating a community to foster mental and physical well-being?
- How do aging services create equity in aging by helping older adults overcome the fear of technology and bridge the gap in access to devices?
- How can aging services provide equity for diverse communities with varying levels of access to connectivity?
The Challenge for New York
- Combat social isolation
- Bridge distance, access & diverse circumstances
- Create equity in aging
- Learn and explore new technology safely
New York's Innovative Solution
New York partnered with GetSetUp to activate older adult residents and members on their tablets or personal smartphones and computer through classes on device training and how to safely and effectively use the internet.
All older adults were provided with a safe and empowering virtual community to learn and practice technology skills. Plus they had access to classes to learn about health and wellness, fitness, explore their hobbies, and much more.
Greg Olsen Director of NYSOFA
"I have been impressed with GetSetUp's willingness and ability to collaborate on a wide variety of solutions to help improve the lives of older New Yorkers from programs that create economic opportunities, to tech activation initiatives, to nutrition and veteran support programs, to workforce skills training and support. They have the capability and they deliver a full range of high-quality programs and understand our business model and our priorities. Their partnership has been and will continue to be invaluable."