Times sure have changed with social distancing. Many of us haven’t been able to enjoy some of our favorite experiences as we attempt to do our part to limit the spread of coronavirus. Not being able to go shopping, can make gift-giving a bit harder.
However, there has never been a better time to gift — an experience. Experiences make excellent gifts because they are lifelong memories that stay with us forever, and can go on to teach us a new skill, something more about ourselves, or help us discover a new passion.
GetSetUp provides remote live training on online tools and apps geared towards the 50+ demographic. Many 50+ adult learners are often less tech-savvy than younger members of the population and are especially vulnerable to being disconnected.
GetSetUp offers “re-skilled” retired educators as Guides to train their peers in online tools and other classes to help them feel more independent and up-to-date. Classes are taught as overviews, small groups, or one-to-one classes so that students learn at their own pace in a supportive environment. These classes help to ensure users understand interfaces, apps, and technologies to ensure confidence, ease of use, and independence.
Check out these 30 great reasons to give a GetSetUp Class as your next gift!
- Many people over the age of 55 are not tech-savvy and are feeling isolated right now. Help them connect!
- Give your Mom a class or series of classes for Mother’s Day. Or gift a parent or friend a skill just because you care.
- Help your neighbor learn new skills.
- Family and friends want to hear from everyone and even better, see them!
- Humans are social beings. We all need to see each other regularly. Help someone connect.
- People, even if they do not live alone, are feeling isolated. Bring them together.
- People feel more confident and happier if they are productive.
- Psychology experts say that learning should be a lifelong process. Give someone the ability to keep learning.
- These days productivity seems to revolve around tech stuff. Prove tech-savviness by learning a new app or software or giving someone else the chance to do the same.
- Entertainment is more varied and interesting when one can use streaming.
- Streaming gives you access to programming from around the world. Learn how to stream on a global level.
- Quarantine means global museums, symphonies, ballets, and theater are all available at the click of a finger. Give the opportunity to tour the Louvre from the living room.
- GetSetup guides are kind and patient making students feel right at home.
- Guides let students learn at their own speed. Learn at one’s own pace; there is no race.
- Guides answer all questions and welcome student questions.
- We offer classes that get students started and let them take control when they are ready.
- We provide the foundation for students to take control of tools like Gmail or their Medicare account.
- We make sure students have solid foundations so they continue to grow.
- Classes are one-on-one or very small group classes.
- There is no pressure to move faster than one’s comfort zone.
- Everyone contributes and a sense of community is formed.
- Tech-savvy individuals can pursue their interests in more advanced classes.
- Gift the ability to follow passions by learning to be one’s own researcher.
- Gain access to discounts, deliveries, transportation, and so much more.
- Stay active online.
- Exercise in your own living room without the hassle of going to the gym.
- Save time and money to do the activities one loves by getting groceries and prescriptions delivered right to the door.
- It’s fun!
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills.
These are just 30 of our favorite reasons to give GetSetUp as your next gift. However, if you need more sign up for our newsletter to learn even more of the exciting reasons why GetSetUp experiences make exceptional gifts.